Location: Auditorium FOD Justitie
The entrance of the venue will be via a side entrance at the rue Héger-Bordet.
Brainstorming on the future of Mediation in Belgium
Date: 15th May 2015
Location: Palace of Justice, Court of Appeal Brussels, Salle des Audiences Solennelles, Plechtige Zittingszaal Room 1.35
|13.45-14.00 pm||Welcome speech by Minister of Justice
Introduction to the subject matter: The session will focus on the assignments the Belgian Ministry of Justice granted to the FMB Committee.
|14.00-16.00 pm||Assignments to the FMB Committee are discussed, moderated and feedback will be obtained from the audience
– proposing a new law on mediation (14.00 – 14.45): Ivan Verougstaete – Philippe Billiet – Jef Mostinckx
– proposing a comprehensive policy on mediation (14.50 – 15.30): Avi Schneebalg – Benoit Simpelaere – Willem Meeuwissen
– making an inventory of existing initiatives (15.35 – 16.-00): Georges Hanot – Johan Billiet
|16.00-16.20 pm||16.00 – 16.20: closing remarks `learnings from the Dutch model by Maarten de Haas, Chairman of the Federation of Mediators in the Netherlands`
16.20 – 16.30: Questions
|16.30 pm onwards||Networking Drinks organised by the Association for International Arbitration|
On the 15th of May 2015 from 13:45 – 17:00, the Association for International Arbitration (AIA) will host the ”Future of Mediation in Belgium” event at the Palace of Justice in Brussels.
This session will focus on the assignment which the Belgian Ministry of Justice granted to the FMB committee, which consists of:
- identifying existing initiatives related to mediation;
- proposing regulatory intervention measures on mediation; and
- proposing a comprehensive action plan for mediation.
Therefore, we would like to ask all mediation stakeholders to contribute to this important assignment by filling in the form below, and send it back to us before 28/02/2015.
(FMB) INITIATIVE next event :
What?: Brainstorming on mediation.
Where?: Plechtige eedafleggingszaal hof van beroep, kamer 1.35
When?: 15th May 2015 (13.45h-17h)
Language: English, French and Dutch (without simultaneous translation)
Price: 20 EUR (excl VAT).
Info + registration: http://www.arbitration-adr.org/activities/
With the support of: